With their significant advantages: lower energy production costs, energy performance (a 12 MW offshore wind turbine can cover the domestic electricity consumption of 16,000 households), limited environmental impact, security of supply, etc., the French government is clearly committed to a strategy of deploying these technologies, especially offshore.
But can we secured effectively all the operators who work on them?
Two main ways.
- prefer going for a rail solution for user-comfort: which will allow a smooth and continuous circulation, both up and down
- make sure that the system attaches directly to your own ladder and/or structure
- make sure as well, that the angle you use the runner is authorized by the manufacturer (inclination of the access system)
- check the maximum load these trolleys can support (including operator and tools).
Focus on fall protection for offshore wind turbines which are prone to significant tilting and setbacks:
- choose a fall arrest solution with a carriage equipped with a bidirectional locking system,
- prefer going for an rail in aluminium for its flexibility, rather that stainless steel.
When we think about training in wind energy, we can’t not talk about The “Basic Safety Training” standard developed by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
THE reference in the field, it is made up of 5 modules: first aid, manual handling, fire awareness, working at heights and sea survival, and aims to guarantee the best health and safety conditions at work for the technicians working on these structures.
Within the DELTA PLUS group, our ALPIC Training teams are experts in this field and GWO certified. Our brand new indoor structure dedicated to practice will allow you to acquire or review all the skills required to work on wind turbines.
As close as possible to your real working conditions, our practice ground gives you the opportunity to train at will, surrounded by the best trainers! Climbing on ladders/pylons, management of effort, evacuation of a person in suspension, creation of temporary anchors, descents/climbing on ropes, … come and train with us!
Contact us for more info: via our online form, mail or phone
+(33)04 76 13 30 30
Get an appointment directly on our online training schedule here! And if the dates or locations don’t suit you, contact us directly and we’ll organize it with you.
FALL PROTECTION SYSTEMS
The choice of security and adapted training is essential. As experts in this field, we accompany you throughout this process to ensure the safety and comfort of your teams.